to the new Student Scholar Symposium
The 2021 Student Scholar Symposium will combine two signature events, the Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence and the Graduate Research Forum in a virtual format.
The Symposium is an opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research and creative scholarship to the UCF community through six separate poster sessions held across three days during Student Research Week. This year the Symposium will be held virtually through Webcourses and Zoom.
Attend the Symposium
Graduate and undergraduate students will present their research and creative scholarship to the UCF community through six separate virtual poster sessions held across three days (see Schedule of Events below).
Attendees will access student posters and their individual Zoom rooms by logging into Webcourses@UCF using the following instructions:
- Find a session day and time from the schedule of events
- Click on the Symposium Webcourse Link and log into Webcourses@UCF using your UCF credentials (course will open for public viewing in March)
- Once in the course, click “View Posters” on the home page then choose a disciplinary category
- Next, select either graduate or undergraduate presentations; a list of poster titles and student names will appear
- Click on a name/poster title to open a student’s page and view their poster
- To talk to a student about their poster, click on the Zoom link on their poster page
While non-UCF affiliates cannot access the Symposium Webcourse, you can request the Zoom information from individual student participants to see them during the event.
- Application Deadline: February 8, 2021 (11:59 p.m.)
- Notification of Acceptance: March 1, 2021
- Withdrawal Deadline: March 15, 2021
- Poster and Zoom link Submission Deadline: March 23, 2021
Student Scholar Symposium Schedule of Events
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Poster Session I: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Poster Session II: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Poster Session III: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Poster Session IV: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Poster Session V: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Poster Session VI: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Friday, April 2, 2021
Awards Ceremony: 2 p.m.